Thursday, April 2, 2009

Other Fun News

My short story, Baby Steps, which won first place in my local library writing contest is finally being edited. I was beginning to think they weren't going to publish the compilation book they had planned...but they are. So, it's called Creek Kids and will come out in May (Yes, just a month from now! And no, I have no idea how they will pull everything together that fast!)

Lastly, I am 99% sure I'm going to the Utah SCBWI conference in November...in case anyone has a burning desire to go to Salt Lake City in November. Any takers? They're going to have an agent (my old agent) Kendra Marcus there, along with an illustrator and an editor--I forgot who though. I'll post a link as soon as I get back on my real computer. I'm having trouble finding things on this lap top.

What news from you other Waddettes?

6 comments:

Robin said...

Don't think I can make it to that conference this year. I haven't done any writing to speak of since January. Work is sucking all the life out of me, and I come home so drained that I can't muster the energy to be creative. I need a new job.

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

Ugh...It's late...I'm guessing this is Amy and not Tess...I won't say no to Utah...I'll have to see...

Robin...look for what you can use in your current job to help you with writing...I'n sure there are a few mysteries you could use. :)

Anonymous said...

Oops--yes it's Amy. I forgot I had to identify myself. It would be great to see you Saphhire! We could split a hotel room!

Robin, I'm sorry about work. I know it's small comfort, but in this economy, at least you have a job! I know it sucks to be so tired you can't create though. I hope things get better and you get some rest.

xo
moron

Tess said...

Hotel room???? Seriously? Now, let it be said that I have kids and mess and even a dog - but anyone would be welcome here. If you really want to be right by the conference (SLC is about 30 mins away from my home) I won't be offended - but know the offer definately stands! I wasn't planning on going. The money I put into that Rich Wallace critique at Chautauqua was going to count for my conference budget this year -- but -- if you (Amy, Sharon and/or whoever???) are going, I may reconsider!

Ha! my verification word is inmemal
Does that mean there is something in me mail today???? I must go look!

Anonymous said...

HA!! Too funny on the verification. Like I said, I'm 99% sure I'm going and would love to see any or all of you--staying at Tess's or not.

Just Joany said...

I'm fairly new to the blogging world, but the conference sure sounds fun. Wish I could go. I'd love to say that I got to go to a SCBWI Conference. Ah, well. Maybe someday.