Monday, April 6, 2009

bah humbug

I hate technology. At my house, we have two malfunctioning copiers, one broken laptop, one brand new laptop that is doing some seriously messed up things and one PC desktop that is in pieces with the computer technician. That PC is only about 2-1/2 years old, so crashes can happen to anybody. I have no idea if they'll be able to retrieve the data from it...much less salvage the drive itself.

So, I'm telling you right now. BACK-UP YOUR STUFF!!! Not just the stuff you know you need to back-up, like your writing, etc. Back-up all of your documents! If we aren't able to get my data off, I'm going to lose three years worth of photos; all the planning I've done for the school carnival; all my favorite websites; all my billing data (which for some reason I didn't think was important enough to back up).

And since I have a few back-up files that aren't operating correctly...it wouldn't hurt to have a back-up for your back-up...just in case.

4 comments:

Tess said...

ick! so sorry, friend!

Anonymous said...

yeah...i should have put more care into it instead of feeling stressed and rushed. i could be basking in the glow of the top three right now. :(

Tess said...

good things are happening all around you!

Tess said...

xlens