Saturday, March 21, 2009

Random Susan Thoughts

I once read that the best books come from ideas that have been percolating for a long time, preferably years. I definitely found that to be the case with Mark of Gideon. I started the first chapter, renamed the characters, redid plot outlines over and over again until finally I was ready and it just came out. It was at least five years before I was ready to write it, but by that time it had been brewing so long that it was much better than it would have been had I written it way back when I first tried. So take heart, Tess and Diana! Your efforts are not wasted, they're just necessary steps along the path.

Thanks for keeping us updated on your revision process, Amy! Sounds like a lot of work, but we all know you're up for it!

I'm almost halfway through my "final" (yeah right) revision of Mark of Gideon. Still hoping to be done by the end of April. I'll keep you posted.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are right, Susan! Great post.

Anonymous said...

I still am amazed that you wrote over 100,000 words. I don't think I've written that many with all my books combined. I should figure that out, actually...

Anonymous said...

Whoa! More than I thought. 149,867 words total, in all manuscripts, including the two WIP's.
I'm still amazed you have one book with 100,000 words! I don't think I could craft enough plot to carry 100,000 words! You ROCK!!

Anonymous said...

It won't be long until your baby is bound and covered.

Sharon

Diana said...

Susan,
You're an inspiration!
:)
Diana