Thursday, March 19, 2009

If Only....

Actual conversation w/ friend not seen in a while:

her: so, Tess, how is your book thing coming along?

me: I finished Ollie, if that's what you mean. I'm working on another piece now.

her: And which publisher did you choose for Ollie?

me: It doesn't really work that way...you see, it is actually quite difficult to get a pub..

her - cutting me off mid sentence: Don't you think Ollie is good enough for a publisher?

me: it's not that, it's just...

her: seems to me like you should have more faith in your writing.

me: **silence**

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seems to MEEEEEE somebody ought to have half a clue what they're talking about before they go dispensing advice.
And also, it's rude to interrupt people.
And ALSO, her hair looks funny.

(I can just tell).
I love you Tess, and I know that you know, just like you know that I know, and even that the whole WAD knows, that your book is fantastic.

Faith is great...but it doesn't open closed houses...

Anonymous said...

Thanks, friend!! Really, I wasn't upset at all. It was just a reminder how most people don't have a clue how difficult it is and how much perserverance is required. I actually almost laughed out loud when she said...so casually....which house did you choose? Oh, if only!

Anonymous said...

Hahahaha! Thanks for the laugh! At least stuff like that makes for great dialogue :)

Yeah, will ya LOOK at that hair? Yeesh.

Meadow