Monday, February 16, 2009

Ah-Ha!

You are so wrong! Someone is watching our blog.......me (Tess) I am taking inspiration from you, Amy (can't bring myself to call you moron!), and being more agressive in my submittals. The days of sending something out and waiting 18 months(true story..so sad!) before sending it elsewhere are over. O-V-E-R. Like the dramatics? Anyway, I sent out a picture book manuscript (called Balloons Pop) that I wrote last spring (I wrote it almost a year ago...really love it and never sent it anywhere!) to two editors that I had met at previous SCBWI conferences. I also sent a FU to my first agent query and sent out a second agent query (both w/ Ollie.)

AND, I have a new title for Ollie. Or, a first title as I never really titled it Ollie Love, that was just a default. Anyway....I think I'm going with....

drumroll....

With A Name Like Love

Like it? If so, great! If not, too bad...I don't have any other ideas.

So as it stands I have:
With A Name Like Love: 2 agents, Boyds Mills Press, Viking (yawn, as if Tracy will respond....)
Balloons Pop: Beach Lane, Harper Collins

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

No way!! Somebody reads the blog?!! :) Tess, you've restored my faith in the Wad.

I like "A Name like Love" better than "With a name like Love". Somehow starting with a preposition seems weaker.

I'm almost afraid to ask what an FU is. I know what it means in my house, and if you sent that to an agent, I assume you've given up hope of representation. Very ballsy though!

I'm so glad you're getting Ollie out there!!! That book is going to sell so fast. It just needs to have some chances!!

Anonymous said...

Oh you make me laugh! (FU - balsy indeed) I like 'A Name Like Love'. Thanks for the suggestion!

Mitch said...

Psh... other people read this, too. I'm not sure how awkward that is.

Good luck to all of you working on your things.

Anonymous said...

Mitch! SHH!!! The Wad-ettes are paranoid enough as it is! You can't let them know anyone else is looking! ;)

Anonymous said...

Who's Mitch???

Tess, I still don't know what FU means...unless it's what Amy said.
Sharon

Mitch said...

Sorry, I was trying to find out who else was working on Snickle Pickle and the internets led here. Don't mind me. I promise I won't look.

Anonymous said...

Ahh--I'm working on Snickle Pickle. Wow! The things you can find on the internet. I loved your panels!
Sapphire--FU stands for "follow up". :)

Mitch said...

Thanks!