Sunday, June 21, 2009

If It's Not One Thing It's Another by Sharon


Do you ever feel like one crisis leads to another? Last week we were at the cabin and our dishwasher quit (for good). So I headed into town to purchase a new dishwasher. Everyone who knows me, knows everything has to match or I'll obsess until it has been fixed. So I got a new stove and hood too. All went well and everything matches. (Big smile!)


Tuesday night I was helping my hubby get ready for a trip. I was doing washing so he would have his three new shirts for the trip. I thought the dryer had been running a long time, so I went to check it. I opened the door and the dryer kept running. I couldn't turn it off! When I finally got it to stop, it would not start again...So off to another appliance store. Of cource, I had to have a new matching washer. They are better for the environmental and the long-term pocket. (Big smile!)


Smitty's didn't have them in stock and won't until I'm on vacation...(The laundry keeps on piling up and hate to go to the neighbors again.) Than goodness they are bringing a loaner to use until we get back from vacation.


As far as the weather goes, I've decided if the snow isn't mounting up, the skies open up with rain and tornado's. We spent about an hour in the basement bathroom. It missed us. So far the news isn't reporting any injuries or deaths. (Huge relief!)


If it's not one thing it's another...


My appliance breaking down/bad weather month (hopefully) is over? What about you? Do you have something to share or to vent about?


Happy writing and reading.




4 comments:

The Wad said...

Happy writing...hopefully no one else will have to replae five appliances in one week!

Tess said...

All is well here (knock on wood) Sorry for the deluge...but now your good for a while, right?

Amy Allgeyer Cook said...

Trust me -- I get what you're talking about. We've had one thing after another all year. Some good, some bad, some just stressful. I'm hoping once my health thing clears up, I'll have some smooth sailing for a while.

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

If anything else quits on me, I'd like it to be the home stove. I really want a flat top. But this one will probably last 30 years.

Tess, I'm glad all is well in your neck of the woods. Surely, I'm good for now. Other than the last few days we have had our tornado siren going off. No damage, just my patio stuff was in the neighbors yard.

Amy, I hope you feel better so you can enjoy your success. :)