Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Meme from Tess

I have a lousy memory so hope I can do this justice.....ok, here goes:

5 bestest things in 2008:
1. I wrote (and finished!) my novel Ollie Love
2. Won free airfare to Chautauqua and met the wad
3. Spent a week on Newport Beach with my family
4. reconnected with lost relatives
5. had lots of fun songwriting and even placed in a contest

5 worst things of 2008
1. My dad died
2. My grandpa died
3. David's grandpa died (his last surviving grandparent)
4. Bloomsbury laid off the editor who had my ms in January and it was subsequently dropped (not Ollie Love - another ms called A Pocket full of Snowflakes.)
5. That's all I can think of, but I think that is enough!

5 Proud moments or things of 2008:
hmmmm.... this is a hard one
1. finished my novel
2. hearing my oldest play at a state wide harp festival. I know it is her talent, but it made me so happy and proud!!!! Plus, I force her to practice so should be able to take a little of the credit!
3. Forced myself to get out of bed on the eleventh day after my dad died and absolutely refused to let the cloud of depression waste any more of my time and energy. Some days I slip, but overall have been really good with this one.
4. Kept my resolution of consistent secret service.

5 resolutions for 2009:
1. Submit more agressivly to editors/agents/whoever will read my work!!!!
2. Start and finish (at least through one or two re writes) another novel
3. keep active
4. keep positive
5. be a better friend to others

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tess, we had a lot of 'worsts' in common. :( Our Dads, our laid off editors... But I think you're an amazingly positive person. Whenever I think of you, I always imagine you with a smile. Maybe as creative people, we all dodge depression a bit (except for Robin, who depression is scared of). I can't wait to hear you've started sending Ollie out. And when you sell from the slush pile on your first submittal (a la Linda Sue Park) I will try really hard not to be jealous. :)
How lucky am I to have found such an amazing group of writers??