Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Meme from Susan

(this is only my second post ever, so I hope this works and is readable)

5 Bestest things in 2008:
1. won partial scholarship to Chautuaqua and met the Wad
2. finished my novel Mark of Gideon
3. asked for full manuscript and received detailed critique from Leucrota Press for Mark of Gideon
4. kids all a year older and still healthy and wonderful
5. got a new dog

5 Worst things in 2008:
1. went to funerals for two cousins
2. my good friend Sharon moved away (sniff sniff)
3. nothing published yet
4. backed into my parents car, damaging both our vehicles (and almost gave husband an anger stroke)
5. got a new dog

5 proudest moments of 2008:
(I agree with Tess - this one is hard)
1. finished my novel Mark of Gideon
2. stayed devoted to (obsessed with) writing, despite lack of publication
3. won partial scholarship to Chautauqua
4. tamed the wild beast (somewhat) - our new dog
5. read a whole bunch of books on my reading list from Chautauqua

5 resolutions for 2009:
1. finish Leucrota Press revisions to Mark of Gideon and resubmit
2. finish revising Secrets in the Stable and begin submitting
3. plot out and begin rough draft of newest novel
4. continue to run on treadmill regularly (I would say eat healthier, but that's a lost cause)
5. get my priorites straight, and devote time accordingly