Saturday, November 1, 2008

From Where I Sit...Tess' work room


My friends always raise an eyebrow when they come into my office. Words, ideas, phrases and research are all taped up to the wall in a messy hodge podge of paper and painters tape. My husband calls it my war room. It is an idea I got from Graham Salisbury (Scott O Dell award winner for 'Under the Blood Red Sun'). He taught that no one owns a word and you can use cool words to fuel your writing. A few on my wall right now include lanky, hydrangeas, bald faced liar, coil and heaven help them. I use these words to fuel ideas and new phrases in my writing. I also like having my research right up where I can see it without having to look it up in a binder. I wish you could see the bright pink wild rose bushes out of my window - but had the blinds closed in this shot. Oh well. Hey - here is my challenge:
Where do you write from? Post a picture so we can all envision you being a creative genius!

1 comment:

Amy Allgeyer Cook said...

I LOVE your idea!! I have cleaning to do today, but will post this afternoon. And I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone's writing space! :) Great idea, Tess!